Sunday, June 17, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!! That is the word for us these days! We've been busy doing a lot of things around our house and with friends! Today we decided to paint the shutters and the front door on our house to spruce/spice things up a little! We picked a green color that I was very nervous about at first (the first coat made them look grey!) but after the second coat I was extremely excited! Here are some pictures of our newly painted door and shutters!



We also took Daniel for a haircut yesterday. The poor boy had a rough day yesterday and we just added to it by making him get this haircut! Here is what his hair looked like before (this was our hair style each time we woke up):
After 20 minutes of crying, fussing, screaming, sniffling, and bribing him to sit still...here is what his haircut looks like:

Now, towards the end of his haircut, he sat up from leaning on me (I held him through the whole ordeal) and I was shocked when I looked at him. HIs hair has turned redder by the day and the expression on his face plus the haircut made him look exactly like my younger brothers! I have thought that repeatedly since. All four of my younger brothers have red hair and the expressions on Daniel's face and his face shape just look a lot like them! Chris looks a TON like Greg and I have thought that a lot about Daniel but just the other day it hit me that he looks a lot like my family as well...the haircut did it! :) I am loving his haircut and Chris is excited because it looks a lot like his! Here's another picture with his new haircut!

Now, this next picture was inspired by a picture that my mom took of my brother John when he was little! I have tried to get one of these pictures many times from the other angle but every time he sees the camera through his legs he falls over so this will have to do I guess! This is one of his favorite things to do when he is getting tired...he gets silly and he stands on his head!


One final note is that Christopher has officially learned how to read words. He is now starting to sound things out and he can spot a TON of sight words. I'm not really sure how I feel about this simply because I don't want him to grow up...but I know he must. I'm very excited to see how excited he is about this new world of words and I'm thrilled to know that he enjoys it...but I'm sad that he is big enough to start reading. Ahhh...parenting. Here is a recent picture of Chris...part Chris, part Spiderman!



Thanks for stopping by! More later on!

3 comments:

jayne said...

Daniel looks so old with his hair cut! Love the new shutter and door colors!

Rebecca said...

I like the new look (shutters, door and hair)!

Only 7 more days and I am FREE! Hope things are going well for you guys. We'll have to get together sometime in July.

Rebecca

Nichole Conner said...

Daniel does look much older with that haircut, I LOVE it!! Sounds like you guys are all very very busy! Did you get my email about bunko?? Friday at Maria's house, tell Miranda!! :-)

Nichole