Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmastime is Here!

So it has taken me a little longer than usual to get fully into the Christmas spirit...not sure why but it just has. I am the type of person who has her house decorated the weekend right after Thanksgiving...lights outside start getting turned on, the tree decorated, cookies baked, and presents bought!

This year though I've been moving through all this a little slower....we do have our tree up and decorated and the house has various Christmas decorations up. Several batches of cookies have been made but not the stockpile that I usually have going by now. The lights are on the house but half of them aren't working right so they have yet to be turned on at night. A lot of presents are bought and some are even wrapped but I'm still struggling with what to get several people so I'm not done with my shopping yet!

However, this is all slowly changing! We had an amazing time at a Christmas party Friday night with all of our friends and seeing the kids' joy at opening presents and the friendships that have been formed over the years really made me realize how blessed we are.

We have family and friends who love us and who we adore....we have so much love in our lives. We are truly lucky. Everything else is just icing on the cake! :)

Have a wonderful day and stop back by soon!

No comments: