Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Daniel (posted a day late!)

So my little man is now THREE!!!! I just can't believe it!

We had a great day yesterday celebrating his birthday and tonight is going to be special as well when we celebrate with friends! :) Our schools even let out a couple of hours early due to an ice storm that was headed our way so I got to have a couple of extra hours with my birthday boy! :)

I sat last night and looked through my photos of Daniel when he was born and the three years since then and I just am amazed at how time flies...it seems like just yesterday I was swaddling him, changing his diapers, trying to figure out what in the world it was that the kiddo wanted! And who can ever forget that cleaning the garage is what threw me into labor...I don't think Greg will ever let me live that one down! :)
Now he is three and we are out of diapers, he is fully capable of telling us what he wants (and he doesn't hesitate to do so!) and when I watch him, I realize what a big boy he's become!

Love you my little man! Your daddy and I are so proud of you and love you more than I think you could ever know!!!! :)
Hours old....
A year old...
Two years old...
Three years old...how much you've changed!!!! :)

4 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Oh wow!! I loved that post! It made me cry. It's really cool to see the progression photos!! Even though I have been there since day 1, you just don't think about how much they grow until you see all those pictures.

Happy birthday buddy, and I'll be there for that party so you can blow out your candles tonight!! (I'll slog through the ice if I have to!!)

Diane Melvin said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Music Lovin' Mama said...

I seriously do not remember his hair looking that red at birth??? Did you alter the photo?? :)

Nicole said...

That's what I thought too (about his red hair at birth!) but then Greg pointed out that it was our old camera and the color might have been a little off...but when I flipped through all of his pictures they all seemed to have a touch of red! I was shocked! :) I don't know how I could have missed it!