Monday, May 25, 2009

These Days....

So these days since school has let out have been both great and stressful...

They are fantastic because I've gotten to sleep in (at least until 7!), hang out with my kiddos and friends and not worry about having to go to work! It's been great and really nice...I love hanging out and talking, etc.! :) Great times!!!!

It's been stressful though because my kids seem to have fallen apart! :( I just can't seem to get it all going and under control...once one seems to be on the right track, another kiddo decides to fall apart! Either they are getting in trouble, melting down, hurting themselves, falling face first into mud, having bloody noses, whining, hitting, fighting, etc....just out of the realm of how they usually are! I know I have good kids...other people see that about them but I'm just so grrrr'd about how they've been acting lately that it's easy to forget about the good things they do....

Like Daniel telling me how much he loves me, Chris running up and just wanting to snuggle (even though he's six and is easily embarrassed these days!), and Kate and her beautiful smile and her ability to make me smile!

Just a little overwhelming at the moment but this too shall pass, right? :)

Hope you are having a good one! :) I'm going to watch a little tv and then hit the hay!

2 comments:

Diane Melvin said...

I think it is just the change in schedule (not leaving first thing for school and the sitters) and the weather. Kids always seem to be happier when they can go outside and play. So far our vacation has not helped.

Nichole Conner said...

Yes, this too shall pass! I remember the end of last summer when we were all in groove of hanging out, doing nothing and it was bliss. It will get to be that way again....And we'll be sad that it's going away!! Hang in there, things'll get better!!!