Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update!

So this will probably be a very random post as there has been tons of random stuff going on in our lives! :) Here it goes!

* Kate has learned how to sit up! She still topples over and everything at times but she has some pretty good control when it comes to sitting! :) I'm impressed daily by her smiles and her happiness...she's only really moody when it comes to being hungry or tired! Who wouldn't be cranky then?

* Daniel has decided that he is ready to go to school! :) He loves going to Nettie's and talks about her constantly but then has asked the last couple of days when he can go to "tool" like "Tis!" :) Poor guy! Still needs to wait till the fall...but it'll be here before I know it! Kind of a happy thought and kind of a sad thought all rolled into one!

* Chris is now getting over strep throat...poor guys spent from Thursday night until sometime yesterday afternoon in our room away from everyone and everything he could infect! :( He did get some deals out of it though...he was the first to look through the toy catalogs that have come in the mail, he got the TV/DVD player all to himself so movie choice was his alone, he got to play the DS on his own, and the boy took a good 4 hour nap Friday!!!!! Uninterrupted! He's feeling better today and I'm banking on him sleeping well tonight! He didn't wake up this morning until 10:30 so he's pretty well rested today!

* Chris is also a reading fiend these days! He has started trying to read every sign, every label, every truck, everything that has words on it he is starting to read...amazing. Sometimes he's completely off base but the fact that he tries is pretty impressive!

* Greg and I are just cruising along like we usually do! There just doesn't seem to be enough time during the week to get done what we would like to get done but that's the way it goes! :) Things are going smoothly in the morning with getting everyone out the door (when everyone is healthy that is!) and everyone has been where they need to be when they need to be there!

* Yesterday I went and had one of my wishes/goals taken care of! :) For my birthday, my two best friends told me they were setting me up to go to a salon here in town for some hair help! So yesterday was the day! :) I went and this fantastic lady helped me out by adding higlights to my hair and giving me a great cut that really brings the curls out in my hair! :) I LOVE IT! I got up and showered this morning, dried my hair a little, added some product and it actually worked! Never before have I EVER been able to duplicate what someone has done to my hair!!!! That's part of the frustration I've always had with my hair...someone does something really cute with it and then I can't duplicate it...so I finally gave up...but THIS! THIS is amazing! :) THANK YOU LADIES for the gift!!!! It's great to have something that works and that I love!

* I had the chance to go to the NKOTB concert last week and it was AMAZING!!!! I have pictures posted on my facebook account and I may post some here later on but let me tell you! Those New Kids might have been out of the circuit for 15 years but MAN they can dance and put on a show! They were on-stage (or some combination of the 5 of them) for a good 2 1/2 hours approximately! :) It was amazing. I wanted to go see them when I was younger but never had the chance...so this was kind of like getting a second chance! :) Add to that the fact that they sang a lot of the old numbers really made it neat! :) Nothing like looking out into a crowd of thousands of people who all are waving one hand in their air above their head to "Hangin' Tough!" So cool (I know...dorkish as it may seem...it is what it is and I'm proud of it!)! :)

Let's see...I think that about wraps it up! :) It's pretty much the same old, same old with some fun new twists. I just can't believe how big everyone is getting and how much time is really seeming to fly by at the moment. Time to take a deep breath and just enjoy it all!

Pictures to come! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: