Sunday, September 14, 2008

Whew...

So our basement is back together (well, at least everything is down there - I think - although it may not be in the right spots yet!)!!! YEAH! I will have to take some pictures and post them later on. It is thrilling. I cannot even imagine how we lived in this house before without the basement being done...especially when we had visitors. Of course as Greg likes to point out we only had 2 kids and they didn't take up quite as much space as they do now! :)

Although I have to say that we did have a scare yesterday morning. We have been getting a TON of rain again...it rained almost non-stop Friday into Saturday and when we woke up Saturday morning our sump pump would run then stop for three seconds...yes only three seconds and then start up again. The water was coming in the sump pump so quickly that it was really quite stressful! Greg and I even went down several times during the night Friday night to check and make sure all was still well. How horrible that would have been! But thankfully, the rain stopped or really just slowed down on Saturday and all is well. WHEW!

The kids are thrilled to have their basement back as am I! :) Our new couches have been delievered and the shelves are now assembled and filled with the kids' stuff! Almost everything is out of the garage (thank you R and M!!!!) and I feel our house slowly getting back to normal! Kate even has her room back (and I'm sure she is very excited about this on the inside!). :)

In other news, Daniel is now fully potty trained! :) YEAH!!!! That's all I have to say about that!

Kate has started on cereal and some baby food...which she LOVES! :) We have discovered that she loves peas and bananas! :)

Well, I will get on a little later and post some pictures of our newly put back together basement and some of the kiddos for everyone to see! :)

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe and we will be seeing you around!

2 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Pictures, pictures, I want pictures!!! Hehe. :-) Just being a pita

jayne said...

Oh, Nicole, I thought of you guys friday night as we were trudging up and down our stairs every hour to check our sump pump too!! I'm so glad you didn't flood again, and neither did we. Hallelujah for finished basements!