Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Beast....

So Kate has ANOTHER ear infection...long story short...she just finished antibiotics (last Sunday) and immediately spiked a fever...she started having problems with breathing, etc. so Greg and I took her to the doctor. Turns out that her ears were as bad as they were before the antibiotic and the breathing problems, etc. were almost to a point of needing to go to the hospital (and somehow this is all linked to her ears). Stressful.

Well, since then Kate has been on oral steroids and her nebulizer around the clock to help with her breathing (thank goodness it's working!) and she's on another antibiotic for her ears...

The problem (well, besides all of that!)?

Well, she has gone from being our sweet, always happy, smiling, funny Kate to this beast (for lack of a better word!)....

She's constantly going from happy to mad in 2 seconds flat....she's not happy up, she's not happy down...she's not eating solid foods or baby food anymore...she only wants bottles. She's not wanting to sleep in her bed (although that has gotten better at night...just not during the day for her naps!) and she has just been very temperamental.

I have to admit that I'm not sure what I'm going to do....

To top it all off....she started pulling at her ears again....I think I'm going to have to call the pediatrician again in the morning...but I'm not sure what she can do. Kate's already on an antibiotic and tylenol. Until we can get her in for her tubes I don't know that there is much we can do.

I just feel horrible for her. Is it rough for Greg and I? Well, yeah...having an almost one year old sit around and yell at you constantly is never fun....but I'm more worried about her. She's obviously not feeling quite up to par and she's tired....poor thing is just tired. I wish I could just make it all go away for her...and if anyone knows of a way to do that...please let me know! :( I just wish she were feeling better....she's been a good sport for the most part but I think she's tired of this nagging pain...and who wouldn't be?

Please keep her in your thoughts! :) Here's to hoping the next time we post things are happier for her! :)

Until next time!

3 comments:

Jessie and Tony said...

Isn't there a way to get the tubes put in sooner? It seems like you've been waiting a while already!
I don't have any other advice, sorry! I'm sure you're doing all that is humanly possible to make her feel better!!

Diane Melvin said...

I wish I knew what would help her. When I was little and had an ear ache I put put a warm wash cloth to my hear. The heat helped the pain for a little while. Maybe that would help.

Holly said...

My two oldest girls both had double ear infections last week. When we were at Walgreens picking up the antibiotics for Delia (the 3 year old) I let them each pick out a treat from the easter candy aisle. On the way home, as Delia was finishing her chocolate bunny she said, "Mom, I don't need the medicine, the candy is making me all better!"