Thursday, October 9, 2008

6 Months Old!!!!

So on Saturday Kate will officially be 6 months old...that's right....half a year old. Amazing...I can't believe that much time has already passed! I was reading some of my old blog posts about when she was younger and I just can't believe how much bigger and older she seems already! She can now roll over, her first tooth is about to break through (or at least we are hoping so!), she is eating cereal along with some bananas and the occasional thing of peas, she smiles at us all the time, and is really interacting with the things around her! Her brothers simply adore her, she has her daddy (and me!) wrapped around her finger and she smiles at everyone and everything! It's great!

So as I was contemplating our life now with three kids who are starting to really interact with each other, I was holding my phone and opening and closing it. This of course caught Kate's attention! :) She kept reaching and reaching until she finally got a hold of it! And a good grip she had! :) She held onto it and really checked it out! So here is a pic of little Ms. Kate with a cell phone (Man! They start younger all the time!!!!) !! :)
I thought that after taking that wonderful little chewable object away from her she would throw a fit or get upset or something....she did the something! She just grinned at us!!!! What a perfect 6 month smile! :)
While I was trying to capture a bunch of wonderful pictures of her, I really noticed her eyes...they are BROWN! I've suspected it was going to happen and Greg and I have talked about it but it seems like over night they have just changed. They aren't a dark brown but there is definite brown to them and I don't think it will be long before they are completely that way. This was amazing to me...the boys both have light eyes and so the process their eyes went through to change wasn't as drastic as Kate's....I find it amazing. It wasn't that long ago that I was looking in her eyes and could see a streak of brown here or there...but now there they are...those wonderful baby browns!!!! She is now my Brown-eyed Girl! :)
So see what 6 months will do to ya? :) Love you baby girl! More and more each day!!!!!

2 comments:

Music Lovin' Mama said...

OH MY HECK!!! In the middle picture of her, she looks just like Daniel!! And I think the color combo she's got going on is absolutely beautiful...reddish hair and brown eyes...LOVE IT!!!!

Nichole Conner said...

Miranda is totally right, Kate looks just like Daniel!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her beautiful smile. She is such a happy baby. I hope when I'm blessed with babies that they are HALF as happy as Kate!

Wow, six months old. Wow. :-)