Monday, October 27, 2008

Tonight while tucking the boys into bed, I was snuggling Daniel. He had had a particularly rough night with listening, etc. and so I was paying a little bit of extra attention to him and talking with him about how he should listen....

He's been listening all right...as I was laying there snuggling him this is the conversation we had....

Daniel: Mommy, you say sorry me!

Me: What??? (I didn't quite catch what he said the first time!)

Daniel: Mommy! You say sorry me!!!!

Me: You want mommy to say sorry to you? (with a completely shocked voice might I add!)

Daniel: Yes....you say sorry to me....(cue pouty face!)

Me: What for????

Daniel: For yelling to me and telling me what to do....I not like that!

Me: Daniel, I wasn't yelling but you're right...I was not a happy mommy and yes I was telling you what to do so you wouldn't get hurt and you could get ready for bed....

Daniel: You say sorry me....I'm sad....

Me: I'm sorry you're sad....remember that the next time you don't listen!

Daniel: Okay...thank you....

And I tucked him in and he was out not long after that....guess he's been listening, huh? Think we all have to apologize a bit around here???? :)

Have a good one!

No comments: