Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5 1/2 weeks....

A lot has changed in 5 1/2 weeks I realized as I was taking pictures of Kate this morning (of her feet actually!) and it caused me to tear up (thanks to hormones I'm sure!)....

In the last 5 1/2 weeks:

* I have gone from being a mommy to 2 boys to a mommy to 2 boys and a little girl - three at the moment is proving to be tough!

* Kate is now fitting into most of her 0-3 month clothes and I can't believe how big she's getting - it's going by so fast!

* Chris has only 2 days left of preschool and in a week and a half he will start kindergarten summer school - speaking of going by so fast! :( When did my baby grow up?

* Daniel can now recognize most of his letters and has become such a mommy's helper and a mommy's boy!

* Greg and I have had to adjust our together time to include being up until midnight most nights, crashing as soon as Kate does and then getting up the next day to do it all again! :) We have also had to become better at communicating so that we know where everyone is and what they are doing at all times!

* I have come to realize that staying at home is WAY harder than it looks and that I really may not be cut out for it! I really admire everyone who does and have such respect for them and I REALLY admire my mom for doing it with 6 of us!!!! I am enjoying all of this time I am getting with Daniel and Kate and Chris (when he gets home from school) and I cherish every moment that I get with them but I am definitely becoming very stir crazy although the beautiful spring weather is helping because we can get outside easier now (especially with Kate getting older).

* The previous realization has made me feel slightly guilty that I'm not wanting to stay home, however, I know myself well enough to know that it is not for me...as much as I may wish it to be or dream that it could be...it just isn't. I have to be doing things...I need to be in contact with my peers, etc. It's just a need that I have that needs to be filled.

* I have mastered the art of folding and putting away the kids laundry but conveniently enough the day doesn't contain enough hours to fold and put away my laundry or Greg's!

* I have discovered a fantastic new show that Daniel absolutely ADORES! It's called WordWorld and it's one of the few shows these days that both Daniel and Chris can agree on! :)

In the last 5 1/2 weeks the greatest realization I have come to is that the most important things in life (family and friends) are the things that you should worry about the most and everything else will either take care of itself or can wait a little longer to be taken care of!

Thank you to all of my friends and family who have helped since Kate has joined us. Thank you for all of the big things and little things: the phone calls, the emails, the coming to see us, the constant support, suggestions and love that you send us all of the time mean the world to us!

Ok...I'm doing being so stinkin' hormonal I think! Thanks for stopping by and there will be more to come later!

2 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Two thoughts:

1. You are such a great friend and mom, and I am thankful for you!

2. You are a blogging fool lately!! I am very impressed! I think aboug it often, but hardly ever do it!

Pattie said...

I love this post....I am a stay home mommy..but there is a part of me that wants to be out there working i am so impressed with moms who not only take care of the family but also work its just amazing how they do so well..Thanks for sharing..