Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yeah for spring!

The weather outside is gorgeous today! We haven't been out too much to enjoy it yet but that is our plan for later today! We ran to good old Walmart and then I ran into school to take stock of what I exactly needed to pack up. It's a lot. I manage to pitch a bag full of stuff while I was there but there is still a lot to be done in order to be ready for summer.

Oh! And that peace that was existing in my house last night??? Still here! There was one minor disagreement this morning but both boys managed to stay calm and figure it out! AMAZING! In fact, last night they both wanted to sleep on the floor of their room on the same sleeping bag. This was something new for both of them. They are fine sharing a room but have never actually wanted to sleep in close proximity to each other (besides when they had to in Florida) so this was the scene in their bedroom last night...made my heart just sing!

Now they are awake in this picture but when I went in later they were OUT! :) I meant to take a picture of them actually sleeping because they didn't move too far from this position but I forgot and I was waiting until I was sure they weren't going to wake up from the flash or anything! They are in their room currently napping in these exact same spots and they have actually been helping each other out today! So maybe this is just one of those...you said it so we are going to prove you COMPLETELY wrong kind of situations...whatever it is...I'll take it!


Here is my sweet little girl today...it's quite warm here today so I broke out the shorts for her! Chris and Daniel also insisted that she wear something girly in her hair. Daniel was really pulling for a barrette and Chris really didn't care what it was as long as it was "girly." The only thing that will work at this point in the game are the cute little headbands and I think she looks quite adorable if I do say so myself!

Well, I'm going to sign off so I can get some stuff done around the house, maybe run into school, etc. so that we can enjoy this GORGEOUS weather that is going on outside! I can't believe that it's spring!!!! YEAH!!!!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Ah, the kids getting along. Life doesn't get much better, does it? As for the weather, I'll take it!!!! :) Talk to you soon!
Missy

Nichole Conner said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! That is the best picture yet of Kate!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Can you hear me yelling all the way at your house? That is how much I love that picture. And I love the pic of the boys, priceless!