Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Beginning of Summer...

So today was the last day of school and the beginning of summer for the kiddos here in Kirksville! :) Chris is ECSTATIC!

Me...not so much. Don't get me wrong...I'm THRILLED that he is home for the next week and a half before he starts summer school and then he will be home for the rest of the summer. But I'm bummed because he is no longer a preschooler....he is now technically a kindergartener! :( For me, this is a sad but proud moment. I know many will giggle at me for being so silly about this moment but that's ok...I will giggle at myself soon I'm sure! :) But it is a bittersweet moment. I've heard that once they hit kindergarten time flies by and I'm not ready for anything to fly by. I would love to keep my little man this little (preferably without the attitude or whining!) but I know it's just not going to happen. Ahhh...life.

So congrats to all of the kiddos out there who have finished this school year and I hope you all enjoy your summers!!!! I know I will!

No comments: