Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The New Obsession!!!

So we have "invested" in a Wii....it has been a big hit at our house since its arrival in February. We sold our GameCube to a local store along with all of our games. We were very sad to sell our very favorite game....MarioKart among others that we really enjoyed.

Luckily for us, Nintendo is a very compassionate company and has created our new obsession....MarioKart Wii!!!!! We picked it up last week and we absolutely love it! We had friends over last Friday night to play (which was an absolute blast!!!!!) and my family played while they were up picking up Becky from college (also a ton of fun!). Chris is absolutely the most obsessed out of all of us (which isn't really a surprise) and he actually does really well with it! In fact, while I'm sitting here typing this he is placing anywhere from 5th in a race to about 12th (out of 12!). He gets very excited about all of his races, even his 12th place finishes! Daniel cheers for him and everyone else that is playing no matter how they are doing...he does a great job of being a moral booster no matter the situation. I was playing earlier and I fell off of the side of this rainbow road and Daniel was right there telling me "You rock momma!" This phrase he has taken from Guitar Hero (Daniel's personal favorite!)

While playing, Chris constantly asks for a rocket (one of the nice little prizes/game plays you can get out of one of the boxes you can drive over) and he usually gets one...this has caused him to be CONVINCED that if you ask for it, you will get one! Even if he isn't playing, he is asking for a rocket for someone who is...funny and absolutely adorable! :)

We did discover quickly on Friday night with our friends that if you want to race with Chris, you really need to keep your distance! He is the funniest kid to watch play this game! He moves to the left when he wants his car to move to the left...and I don't mean he just simply leans that way a little...this is a whole body experience! :) He moves his arms until they are outstretched and his whole body moves with him. It's a great workout for him...that's for sure! I also know that he is truly one of my kids because I have a brother that he really reminds me of! Chris even opens his mouth while he plays like my brother does (love ya bro!). I was in tears watching him play over the weekend...it was fantastically funny! I wish I had video to place on here but it just didn't occur to me to do it until it was too late and we had turned the game off...perhaps I will do that sometime this week.
Someday Chris will read this or be told about this and be absolutely embarassed, however, just know kiddo, that we adore you and we think it's the cutest thing ever!!!!!
I hope all of you had a great day! :) Will post more later!

No comments: