Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ahhh...85 degree weather....

So today the weather got really warm! :) The temp got up to around 85 degrees...which I can completely handle (I don't do well with 90 and above!) and the boys were really happy. We were hoping to make a trip to St. Louis today to get a new car for Greg but things just didn't work out as planned. Before that the plan was that we were going to work on cleaning the garage and the closets in the basement and again...things didn't go as planned which I'm actually thankful for because that was not something I wanted to do today. Daniel needed a haircut...enough said for those of you who know what an ordeal that can be...and a long one it was...poor Greg! :) By the time all was said and done, we didn't make it to St. Louis and by the time we figured out that the trip to St. Louis wasn't going to happen, we didn't have the time to make it to Columbia (to meet up with friends of ours who were hanging out down there today)...all of this much to my dismay!!!! :(

Anyway, all those plans being put astray we decided to try and do what we could to enjoy the beautiful day. We went to Walmart...now for those of you who may be giggling at me at the moment I would like to clarify one thing...there is no place better to be in Kirksville, MO on a Saturday afternoon with three kiddos and your husband than Walmart. That's all I have to say about that (completely just kidding about that!)! So after our wonderful little jaunt to Wally World (which drove me crazy!) we came home and spent the rest of the afternoon outside. The boys played on their swing set, I blew up the pool and put some water in it, Greg and I worked on cleaning up the patio and stuff and the boys are now on their way outside to enjoy some water fun....FINALLY!

Now, I have to admit that a trip to St. Louis to see Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Becky, Uncle John and everyone else would have been more fun than our trip to Walmart, etc. and a trip to Columbia to shop would have made my day. I'm really bummed that we ended up staying at the house but at least the weather was nice and the boys had fun anyway! :)

Nicole

PS - Can I just say that yes...I'm a nerd...a dork...or whatever could be worse than that...because I'm going to NKOTB baby! :) Ahhh...childhood memories!

2 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Nerd, dork, whatever! But we are going to see NKOTB and that's all that matters!!!!

Missy said...

Nuh-UH!!! I want to go!!! That sounds like fun...when is it?