Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Update!

So for my own record keeping, I've decided it might be a good idea every month or so to write an update on each of our family members.  This may be more for me than anyone else since my memory is so horrible (ask anyone who really knows me and they can vouch for that!)  Anyway, I've been looking back through our old scrapbooks lately and it has hit me how much we have all changed and how we change from month to month (more the kids than Greg and I!) so this is going to be a good way for me to remember how things are changing...so here it goes!

Kate is now 3 months old.  She has started smiling and cooing A LOT!!!!  Greg and I can just sit on the couch and talk to her forever (or until she has a yucky diaper which she cannot stand!!!!).  She is really tracking things with her eyes and really looks around for the voices she hears!  :)  She is friends with EVERYONE at this moment in time and will share her smiles with anyone who will hold her and talk to her!  :)

Daniel as I've said before...now loves stickers!  Thank goodness!!!!  He is also doing a great job with the potty training!  He now goes on a regular basis and has only had a few accidents...whew!   :)  He adores his daddy and is downstairs right now helping him encase a pole that has needed it for a long while!  Such a big man!  I have been getting a lot of comments lately about his hair...it definitely has a reddish cast to it and people comment on how cute it is and they ask whether or not his temper matches his hair.  To that I just say...depends on the moment and his mood!  :)  He is getting better about trying shoes on but it is sometimes still a real struggle...and let's just not talk about haircuts..I think I may just let his hair grow really long!!!!

Chris is ANXIOUS for kindergarten to start!  He has also been sporting a little bit of an attitude lately that we are really having to put a stop to...we aren't quite sure where it has come from or why but man can it be frustrating!  He has taken to not listening and being quite bossy.  Someone had made that comment about him about a year ago and I got really defensive and upset about it.  So upset I cried!!!  I never viewed him as being that way and I truly don't think that he was that way...but all of the sudden it's all he seems to know!!!!  If you have any suggestions on making it stop please let me know!!!!  On the flip side though he has really started wanting to help out around the house by loading the dishwasher, emptying the small trash cans around the house, and picking up toys in the living room.  Now if only I could focus that energy on his room!!!!  He is really picking up on reading and he STILL has that loose tooth (in fact he now has 2 of them!)...he's not so anxious for it to fall out though!   And as of today he has decided that peanut M&M's are his new favorite candy!  :)

All of the kids are getting along really well!  Chris and Daniel LOVE playing together and of course have their brotherly fights.  These don't last long though and they really have starting showing some compassion towards each other!

Greg has a birthday coming up and he will be turning the big 30!!!!  We will be traveling to Wyoming on his birthday and so I hope to make it special while we are on our way!  :)  He is still working in the web development department and doing some work on the side.  He is good at what he does and I pray that he always loves it!!!!  In fact, he just returned from some training in Salt Lake City where he refreshed his memory on old stuff and learned a bunch of new stuff!!!!  He is currently feeling ambitious and is trying to finish up some unfinished projects around the house (such as the pole in the basement!).   

Well, what to say about me...not much is really different here.  I am feeling a little lost at the moment.  I know what I've always wanted (a family, a house, friends, and great life) and I have everything I ever dreamed of but somewhere along the way I have become stuck.  I think the small town is getting to me at the moment and I don't know why because at the same time I can't imagine living anywhere else.  Much about me hasn't changed...I still tend to be a people pleaser, I hate confrontation, and I really hate when I make my family and friends upset and I over apologize all of the time for it!!!!  

But overall I'm happy.  I love my husband, my kids, my friends, my house, my job (although I am sad that school starts up again soon...I'm loving the time off!), and my life!  Like I said, there isn't anything else I could ever want (except for maybe a closer Target!)  :)  I have a loving, compassionate husband, kids I adore and want to experience everything with, the best friends a person could ask for, and a nice house that is perfect for us.  I am truly blessed (especially now that DQ has come out with a Thin Mint Blizzard!  Yum!!!).

Now that I'm done writing this I think I'm going to mainly do updates on the kiddos...I don't see Greg and I changing that much that often...they are our lives and when they change then we must adapt as well!  :)  Speaking of adapting...I must now adapt to the fact that Miss Kate has decided that long naps are not her cup of tea!!!!  :(  Someone just woke up from a 20 minute nap and has something to say about it!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm going to post some pictures later on!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Don't be ridiculous, Nicole - whether or not you & Greg are actually changing, your readers *do* like to hear what's going on with you! Your kids are great and cute, but I didn't room with them. :-D Besides, it's really quite amazing to read over your own thoughts a year or two later. I look at some of my early posts and think, "Who was that girl?"

Last thought - once you get the Target nearby, then all you want is the SuperTarget nearby. One week and counting . . . :-)