Thursday, July 17, 2008

So Tired...

I know parenting is hard. I've just been hitting a wall lately and I'm tired. My boys are good kids...I know that. They can be sweet, they can be loving, they can be kind...but lately they have been very difficult. At times I have a hard time keeping a straight face with them (which of course just makes the situation worse sometimes) but most times I'm completely straight faced and serious but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I feel like I say "Talk quietly," "Use your inside voice," "No running!" over and over and over and it doesn't matter. I am embarrassed at times by what they do and I really worry when we are around family and friends.

I want to be a good mom and raise good, calm, sweet boys but I just feel like I've hit a brick wall lately. I really felt like I was on track...they were calm, they were well behaved and now we are at times just out of control. Someone said to me, "They are boys...that's what boys do!" But no...that's not what all boys do and it is definitely not what I want my boys doing. I don't want them running around pretending to have guns. I don't want them using LOUD voices inside. I don't want them running in a house. I don't want them throwing things around just because they feel like it. I don't want them to yell at each other at the top of their lungs just to get their point across.

I know this is a moment in time and that overall, my boys are great. They are boys with others' best intentions at heart (most of the time!) but at this moment in time...I'm tired. I'm tired of repeating myself, tired of feeling like I'm not making a difference in what they are doing.

Ok...I'm done venting now...I've been packing for our trip for a while now and it's just been floating around in my head...do I feel better? Who knows! But at least I know that my boys are loved and that no matter what...they will grow up to be sweet men who will treat others with respect and kindness...this is just a moment in time and if I work hard enough...it will pass! :)

Thanks for stopping by and I will post a more upbeat post tomorrow! :)

No comments: