Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Daniel and "the word...."

So this morning Daniel has been walking around the house talking about something that was in the basement. It has taken me all morning to figure out what it is (until about 11:15 to be exact!)...

It all started when someone came to pick the fans up that were in the basement...this seemingly reminded Daniel of something important in the basement...except for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was...I would type how it sounded phonetically but I don't think I can even figure that out...

I started off by asking him if it was a ball that he thought was downstairs...his response? Yes...so off we went to find the ball in the garage (where almost everything from the basement is being stored for now)...only to find out that that wasn't what he was talking about at all...

Next I aimed for elbow...that's kind of what it sounded like...you just can't even imagine the conversation that followed that because of course he told me "yes" to that as well! Our conversation headed towards the ridiculous at that point! :)

The subject was dropped for a little while and then he started talking about what was in the basement again...me being completely stumped, I called Greg. Greg listened to what he had to say and asked Daniel if he was talking about a table that had been downstairs...again Daniel said "yes." So after we got off the phone with Greg, we went on a hunt for whatever table Daniel was talking about...guess what??? Not what he was aiming for at all...

Feeling defeated and like the worst mom in the world because I had no idea what my kid was saying I went and sat in the living room. Daniel followed me and again started talking about whatever was in the basement...but then FINALLY a key word came out of his mouth..."Game."

Me: "Do you mean your hippos?"
Daniel: "YES!!!"
Me: "The hungry hippos game?"
Daniel: "YES!!!"

FINALLY! The minute Greg stepped in the door we told him of our discovery and he went down to retrieve the game...

Man...what a morning...poor Daniel is probably still wondering why in the world his mom can't understand what he is trying to tell her...especially when it is this important!!!!

No comments: