Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tomorrow is It! :)

Tomorrow is it! The first day of school.

Chris had the chance to go and meet his teacher yesterday and he is now so excited about it...but nervous all the same! :) He loves his teacher and even has some kids he knows in his class but he's scared of what the day will bring! He told me tonight that he just doesn't want any homework! Ha!

Anyway, while we were there, he got to pick out his cubby, he got to put his supplies away, trace his hand and cut it out, and just see what his room was all about. I have to say...the room was very interesting to me! :) I teach fourth grade so the way the rooms are set up is completely different! It was very neat to see!

Tonight was my night to meet the kids. My class came in and got to meet me and put their school supplies away, etc. I have to say that I am nervous as well. Each year brings a different group of kids and a different dynamic to my classroom. I'm nervous that the kids won't like me and I'm nervous that I'm going to forget something crucial...but in the end I know that I am experienced and I know what I'm supposed to do...it will all come to me naturally (or so I hope!).

I do have pictures of Chris in his classroom and with his teacher but I can't get them off the camera because I don't know where the cord is and Greg is at Walmart buying formula...poor Kate has got to eat! :) So as soon as he gets home and we locate the cord, I will post some pics. I will also have more tomorrow as I'm sure I will be taking lots of pictures of his first day...or at least of what I see of him tomorrow!

Have a good one!

No comments: