Monday, August 11, 2008

Update on Us! :)

Hello! Here is a quick update on what we've been up to and what is coming up soon! :)

Kate is now four months old and she got her shots this morning...she is not a very happy camper at this moment...poor girl! She now weighs 15 pounds, 6 ounces and is 24 1/4 inches long! Getting big! She has started eating cereal once a day and the doctor said that she can start some baby food if we would like! :) I think we might do this soon since she has been really fidgety with her bottles lately...I guess we'll see! I'm not sure what will happen! :)

Daniel is doing great as always...very opinionated and very loving! :) He is definitely two!!!! He keeps asking me when his "birfbay" is...a lot of our friends have had birthdays in the last couple of months and this has had Daniel thinking! :) He is also wanting to go to school. He's heard Chris talking about it a lot and so he keeps asking to go, but he's excited about going to the babysitter's too! :) He told us last night that "His house is at his home." How funny!

Chris is really gearing up for kindergarten! I'm completely not ready for this! He's got his school supplies, his backpack, his lunchbox, and his teacher so now he's ready to go! We did find out his teacher and he's thrilled! We get to meet her and see his classroom next Monday night...I'm sure that I will be crying after that! School starts for him next Wednesday...

I'm getting ready for school as well. It will be very bittersweet. I love my job...I love the kids...I love the curriculum...but I love being at home with my kids. I love snuggling them, playing with them, and just watching them grow up. It will be tough but I can make it through...things will settle down and life will get into a routine and it will be great! We will have the evenings to hang out as a family and to hang out with friends...plus there are always the weekends!!!! :)

Greg is working like a fiend to get ready for the beginning of Truman's year as well! :) There are a lot of projects that he is wrapping up, etc. He is also gearing up to put our basement back together! We are ready to fix the drywall that got torn out and then the carpets can be cleaned, etc.! We are planning on cleaning out some stuff as we put the basement back together! :)

So overall, our summer is wrapping up...

However, the weather outside is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Right now in Kirksville it is 78 degrees...and it is 4:45 in the afternoon!!!! :) On August 11th no less! It's supposed to be this beautiful for the rest of the week....what a wonderful way to end a wonderful summer!

Hope you are all enjoying your day! Have a good one!

No comments: