Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sorry for the sporadic posts lately! Getting things ready for school has been a little bit more of job than I originally thought! :)

So yesterday was the day. The day that I went back for teacher meetings and the kiddos had to go to the babysitters. It was way harder this time than it was the last two times...I teared up walking out the door and balled like a baby the whole way to school. Thankfully, we had a whole district breakfast which meant seeing people I haven't seen all summer or even some people that I haven't had a chance to talk to really since the last district breakfast! This provided a little distraction....

Greg took the kids to the sitter's with one exception. Daniel. The poor boy woke up running a fever and just acting miserable. So Chris and Kate went to the sitter's and Daniel stayed home with Greg....although I would have loved to take a day and stay home it just wasn't a good idea! So he stayed home with Daddy, slept, watched movies and just had a day to stay home....

But we made it. I cried off and on all day but I made it. I went to go pick Chris and Kate up and the poor girl was sleeping...but this poor mommy just couldn't wait for her to wake up so I picked her up and snuggled her...she woke up and looked like she was going to fuss until she saw who it was (she had the wrinkled up face and everything!) and then I got what I had been waiting for all day!!!! Her beautiful smile! :) This of course made me tear up again! What a day...I'm surprised my contacts held it together all day!

Chris was thrilled to see mom and the sitter said both of them were perfect all day which of course made me so happy! At least I know that if my kids are being poops for me (which has definitely been the case lately!) that they are being good for others! :)

So today is Saturday and I'm enjoying my family at the moment. I have things I need to do today but for now...I'm just snuggling and loving on my kiddos! :)

Monday will be another story...I'm sure it will be hard to leave again but hopefully it will be easier than yesterday! Plus all of my kids should be healthy by then!

I have taken pictures of Chris and his missing teeth and I will post them later on!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i can't wait for the missing teeth pictures!! hope you have fun Monday!!