Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Update...

Here is an update on everything going on around here! :)

The basement is dry...finally!!!! We got to turn the fans off yesterday and the dehumidifier was taken away over the weekend. Greg is going to start replacing the drywall he needed to cut off, replacing the baseboard, the local company has to come in and clean both sides of the carpet and then they will reinstall it for us. Then comes the fun part...putting it all back together again...which seems like it is forever away. Greg assures me though that it won't take too long...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's right!

The insurance adjuster came yesterday and told us what we already knew...insurance isn't going to help us out at all...that it did indeed fall under some endorsement that we didn't have (we do now!). Oh well I guess...the next time we get 13 1/2 inches of rain in 24 hours we know our basement will be covered I guess! :)

However, FEMA is coming in next week and is going to look at the damage in Kirksville and decide whether or not it is a disaster area...so please keep your fingers crossed that they do (odd request I know!). Apparently if they do, then there may be money for those of us who got flooded...and any little bit will help!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Kate has discovered her right hand (the left hand is still an unknown at the moment!) and she is figuring out how to grab at things with it! It's really cute because she just concentrates on it so hard! She has started eating a little bit of cereal and has done a much better job with it than her brothers did...no gagging on it at all! It's hard to believe that we are already at this stage!!!!

Daniel has become quite dramatic in the last couple of weeks and it is really starting to wear me out. He is really trying to exert his two year old opinions on everyone and listening just isn't what it used to be. He LOVES to "nuggle" and is such a sweet kid...just hitting some road bumps lately! He now knows all of his letters (although he does get some mixed up) and he has been requesting daily to go see some mountains!!! Think he loved Wyoming??? I think so!

Chris is in Des Moines with his grandparents this week and we are missing him here at home. The house seems oddly quiet without him here! He is getting all geared up for school to start. He can find out who his teacher is on Friday and I think he is excited about that! School starts here for him on the 20th! He has of course picked out a Transformers backpack (the obsession STILL in our house!) and oddly enough he has picked out a blue camo lunch box! It was an interesting choice to say the least!

Please wish me luck on that first day of school! It's going to be a rough one! Sending Kate and Daniel to the babysitters...sending Chris to kindergarten....meeting a whole new class of kiddos...I'm starting to feel a little sad and stressed and excited all at the same time! I'm going to miss my summer days hanging out with friends, kids and just having some fun! And of course I'm such a dork I always worry about how things will change when this time of year comes around...I like things to stay the same and I like to know what to expect and where I stand.

Other than all of that, things are pretty steady in our lives. I will be a much happier camper once our basement is put back together and all of our stuff is out of the garage and Kate's room...poor girl! :)

The important thing is that we are all healthy and happy and loved. :)

Well, Kate has decided that she is not happy in her current state so I must log off here and figure out what is going on! My guess is the diaper...poor girl cannot stand a wet diaper!!!! Should make potty training easy, right? :)

Have a good one!

No comments: