Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fourth of July...

I know it's not the Fourth yet but it will be soon and I can't wait! :) The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays...I love seeing the flags everywhere...everyone dressed up in their red, white and blue outfits, the barbeques and seeing fireworks. I LOVE it! :) So I just had to share my excitement with everyone!

The Fourth of July around here is definitely interesting and fun...about a week ago the fireworks tents popped up all around town...and there are a lot of them! It always amazes me how just down Highway 63 there can be so many tents! I believe there are around 10 of them...just for our little town! Anyway, the tents went up sometime last week and as of last Friday they were selling fireworks! Yeah!

There is a catch however....according to Kirksville ordinances or whatever...you can't set off fireworks until June 30th!!!!! So why do they go on sale the 20th??? Who knows...but it sure is fun when we can actually start enjoying them!

We usually start small and just get little things for the boys to enjoy and eventually as the fireworks get cheaper we splurge a little and get some of the bigger ones! We usually end up setting them off each night!!!!

So here starts the countdown to the Fourth! :) Only TEN days to go!!!! :) YEAH!

1 comment:

Diane Melvin said...

The Fourth of July is my second favorite holiday (Christmas is the first). It is also the day that Gail and I met each other. Seven years!!!