Saturday, June 28, 2008

Late Nights...

So Kate has really taken to being up late at night. She actually has stayed up pretty late since she was born but she also ate every 3 hours and so we were up all throughout the night. She now sleeps for a good 6-7 hours straight at night...the catch being that she doesn't go to bed until around 11:30/midnight each night!!!! This really makes for long nights for Greg and I sometimes...this is one of those nights...we are both tired (and would LOVE to crash!) and we are just biding our time until she finishes her evening bottle and falls asleep for the night.

Neither Chris nor Daniel stayed up this late. The boys were the kids that went to bed at around 9:30 for about 6-7 hours straight and then would wake up in the middle of the night...like around 3:30/4:00. They would always go back to sleep (as would we!) and be out until around 8 or 9 in the morning. Thank goodness...although the getting up and then going back to sleep was at times brutal.

I'm not sure that this schedule is any less brutal sometimes. I REALLY want to go back to sleep after her 6:00 bottle but I just know that Daniel will be up and I will need to be up to get Chris ready to go to summer school, etc....it's exhausting at times.

But who are we kidding??? I really just need to be thankful that she is sleeping through the night and that we are getting as much uninterrupted sleep as we are and have been since she was around 4 weeks old! :) I'm very thankful for that.

I just have to remind myself of that every so often (like tonight!) when it's is almost midnight and she is FINALLY starting to fall asleep!

Hope you all had a great day!!! Stop by again sometime! :)

No comments: