Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who Knew?

Who knew that a changing table could take up about a half hour of my life??? Never before have I spent more than 5 minutes with one of my kiddos on the changing table. It has always been...put them on...change their diaper/clothes and then take them somewhere else....that is until today.

I took Kate in to change her diaper and she was in just a great mood once I was done changing her that I stood and talked to her for a little while. Then the best thing happened...she smiled....then she laughed at me!!!! Seriously! Now I know...she's 7 1/2 weeks old...but as I kept talking to her she just watched me intently and blessed me with several more smiles. It was fantastic!

She and I just continued to hang out there...me in the hopes of seeing more of her beautiful smiles and possible another giggle or two...her in her fresh new diaper just watching me be a complete dork! :) It was fantastic mommy/daughter time at the changing table....who knew?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

YAY!!! I can't wait for moments like that!! Thanks for sharing!!