Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm a Posting Fool!

Ok...so I know I just posted but this is too funny to not share right away! :)

Chris went to kindergarten today so that meant getting up at 6:30 this morning, eating breakfast, getting dressed and making it to the bus by 7:20! This afternoon I picked him up so he could join us at the wading pool (us being Daniel, Kate and I along with our best buds!). So he got about 45 minutes of pool time in. We then came home and he and Daniel had a snack and they chose to watch some Transformers cartoons. During this time is when they both fell asleep (see my previous post!).

Well, along comes dinner time and it's time for little ones to wake up! Daniel wakes up with little problem and comes to the table to eat. Chris on the other hand is IMPOSSIBLE to wake up! Greg eventually carried him to our room to lay on our bed for a little bit longer. Daniel even went in and was crawling all over Chris to wake him up and Chris didn't budge!!!! He was OUT! Greg and I were seriously doubting that the child would wake up before tomorrow morning! But eventually he woke up and made it to the table....where this transpired:

That's right...the 2 year old is feeding the 5 year old!!!! :) Chris was so tired he had a hard time bringing himself to move to pick anything up to eat! Luckily he has a fantastic younger brother who tried to take care of him while he woke the rest of the way up! Daniel decided to take it upon himself to help his older brother despite Chris's arguments! :) Greg and I were sitting there laughing (which of course Chris didn't take to very well!). In the end, Chris ate his dinner (on his own!) and this is what we were left with:


My two little men, sharing a hug!!! I know that Chris really doesn't look happy but it was because we were laughing and he didn't like that! :) Have a great night!

1 comment:

Nichole Conner said...

OH my, that is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time! I can just see and hear the whole thing!!! Bless Daniel's little heart, he's such a sweet little man!

Too funny! This will be one of those stories you will tell forever, and one day Chris WILL laugh at it too!! :-)