Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Special words! *updated!*

So as I was just hanging out with my kids last night I realized that we have developed a few words of our own (really, the kids have said them and we have just caught on!) and I realized that perhaps people don't always know what my kids are saying! There aren't many of these words (or pronunciations depending on the word) but enough that I think it's funny! Greg and I know what they are saying due to the situations that these words continue to pop up or the context they are used in but after this past weekend when we had a lot of people in town that the boys don't see every day I decided to post a few of their words and the meanings of them. If you think of any others, feel free to add them to the comments section! :)

* "nuggler" - Daniel needs hugs and kisses
* "yogret" - Chris is talking about yogurt
* "faffroom" - the bathroom
* "tarhero" - Guitar Hero
* "herokartwee" - MarioKart Wii ...when Daniel says it, it sounds very Japanese! :)
* "seatbelk" - This one is the best! Daniel says this when he is talking about a car seat...the best part is that Greg and I have (without realizing it until last night!) have starting using this word! :) "Put Kate in her seatblek please, Greg." HUH??? WHAT???? :)

Here are a few more that I have been reminded of!

* "binkifier" - ever wonder what a binky plus a pacifier is??? :) There you go!
* "freak" - Ok...now this is a normal word but if you are Chris it also means "Freeze!" :)
* "freegot" - another Christopher favorite...is used in the place of "forgot!"
* "yet" - Daniel means "yes"!

I'm sure there are more and I will add them as I think of them or hear them! :) If you know of any please add them to the comments! I am going to go write these down in their baby books so that I can always remember them! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~me

No comments: