Thursday, June 19, 2008

I really should not be sitting here writing a post at this moment in time..Kate's baptism is this weekend and I have things I need to get done today so that I can enjoy tomorrow morning's playgroup and hopefully have time to hang out with friends tomorrow night! But oh well, right? All will be fine...the house will dust and vacuum itself, the dishes will jump into the dishwasher, the table will wipe itself off and the laundry will hopefully fold itself and make it into the right drawers...right??? :)

I'm just feeling overwhelmed at this moment in time. Everything seems to be changing and little is staying the same! The kids are getting older, my friends' kiddos are getting older, Chris is losing teeth, Kate is already two months old and is going to be baptized, Daniel knows most of his letters and is working pretty hard on the potty thing, and Greg has been doing a lot of work on things not related to Truman and has been keeping pretty busy with that!

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, especially since I feel a little odd writing it out there for everyone to see...but I just have this fear. I love my life. I love my family, love my house, love my friends, and everything else that I have right at this moment in time. I know things that are meant to be will withstand the test of time but I've been so lucky for so long and things just really seem to be changing right now and it's scary. I know my family and friends aren't going anywhere...I have confidence in everyone that I'm close to. I know that I tell them when something is bothering me and I know they will do the same....Greg and I have that down pat! :) I know that our family and friends love us for who we are and we can all be honest and share anything...

Like I said...it's just a fear...nothing is big is happening...it's all little things. I just feel very overwhelmed at the moment by life. Perhaps it is this weekend that makes me feel that way. Everyone that we love the most in our lives will be here this weekend...all in our house...celebrating our little girl and that is touching to me and perhaps that is causing me to reflect on everything and see how very lucky I still am.

I think it's always good to reflect on what you are thankful for and to remember how lucky we all are. We are all so lucky to have our family and friends in our lives...and I want to say thank you to all of you. You are who makes us, us....You are the ones who have touched our lives and influenced us, no matter how small or how big that influence may be. Greg and I would not be here without our beautiful family and our wonderful life without each and every one of you. You know who you are and I hope you know that we love you!

No matter what fears I have...that won't change how lucky and thankful I am...no matter what the future may bring I cherish every moment of every day we have you in our lives! :)

Sorry if this post doesn't make too much sense...I just felt the need to write this and get it out there rather than keeping it in and mulling it over...that usually doesn't get me anywhere!

Hope everyone has had a great day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Nichole Conner said...

The post makes perfect sense, and I just have one thing to say:

"I Lurrrrvvvveee you!!!!"

I totally understand your feeling of unease, sometimes I get that, we've talked about that before, so I know you know, but I'm just sayin'-I know what you're feeling!

Rest assured that all is good in the friend department, at least from my vantage point! hehe

Can't wait til this weekend, it's going to be so nice to have everyone together and celebrate that fantabulously beautiful Kate of yours!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO, ME

P.S. As for all that Mary Poppin's stuff at the beginning of the post? Let me know how that works for ya!